Why You Need a Social Media Management Company
Digital marketing encompasses many moving pieces that work together to generate interest, nurture leads, and close sales. However, it’s important that you know the ins and outs of each digital marketing tactic and how they can help your business if you want to get the most out of your marketing budget. Let’s start with the most common question – what is social media management?
This is a question we often get asked at Apex Marketing, which is great, because we have the answer! You’re probably familiar with social media channels like Facebook or Twitter. But are you may familiar with how these channels are used to grow your small business? Identifying what is social media management to your business plays an important role in using social channels effectively to grow your reach and influence conversions.
In today’s post, we are going to answer all of the questions running through your head about “What is social media management?” Then, we’ll go into a bit more detail about why social media management is important and discuss how a social media management company can help you see better results with your company’s social campaigns.
What is social media management?
Social media management is the process of managing your online interactions and content across social media channels like , Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked in, Youtube.
Social media management goes beyond just posting updates to your company’s social media profiles. It also includes engaging with your audience and looking for new opportunities to increase reach and visibility. Here are just a few of the tasks that are involved with managing social media:
Before you can begin putting together a game plan for social media management, you will need to consider what the social media platforms are for your business. Here’s a brief overview of the different platforms and what benefits they can provide your business:
- Facebook – Facebook has nearly 2.7 billion monthly active users who come from diverse backgrounds. There is also a nice balance of genders and age groups when it comes to Facebook’s user-base. This makes it a great social platform for businesses that are trying to reach a wider audience.
- Instagram – Instagram is a great social media channel for brands that create a lot of visual content. Instagram’s audience tends to be on the younger side with more female users than male users. This can be a great platform for businesses selling products or services related to fashion, lifestyle, art, or other visual-focused industries.
- Twitter – Twitter has 321 million active users worldwide and tends to be where users go for news and trends. This platform is ideal for brands that want to join a conversation about trending topics in their industry. It’s also a great place to share content with influencers and other individuals who might find your brand valuable.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the social media platform for B2B brands that are targeting businesses in different industries. With LinkedIn, you can find, interact, and share content with people based on the company type, industry, or job title.
- YouTube – Youtube has become the second largest search engine in the world, second only to Google. You can upload your video content to this channel to help engage and connect with your audience. With unlimited video hosting, your business can post as much video content as you want and share through other channels.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is another great channel for sharing image-focused content. This has become a must for consumers who are interested in DIY, crafts, home improvement, nutrition, fitness, fashion, and more. If your brand sells a product or service that lends well to imagery, then Pinterest may be worthwhile.
Choosing the right social media channels for your brands depends on your audience and goals.
Developing a Social Media Strategy
Developing a social media strategy is an important part of making sure that each of your campaigns is helping you get closer to meeting your marketing goals. After you have decided which channels you plan to use, you’ll need to consider how often you plan to post and what types of content you will post.
Start by considering what you know about your audience. What type of content do they like best? Develop content that’s engaging but also speaks to their needs and challenges. If you need help getting started, check out these Social media marketing ideas
You should also consider how you plan to make engagement and response a consistent part of your social media management. Do you plan to reach out to fans and followers and start a conversation? How often will you respond to questions and concerns posted to your page? Do you plan to use contests to engage your audience? All of this should be somewhere in your social media strategy.
Creating a Social Media Schedule
When it comes to social media management, consistency is key. You see, no two businesses are alike. Therefore, you can’t expect the same results for every business who has implemented the same approach in posting on social media channels. However, whatever frequency or time of posting that you choose to do, you have to do it consistently.
If you want to keep customers engaged and grow your following on these channels, you’ll need to consistently post quality content. The only way to do this is to create a social media schedule that details when and what you’re going to post on which channels. Creating an editorial calendar for your social media management is a good way to keep your business on track when it comes to a social media schedule. You can customize this editorial calendar in a way that works for your business. Just be sure to include basic information like the posting date, content, and any link or image.
Why You Need to Hire a Social Media Management Company
Knowing what is social media management and why it’s important is only half the battle. Now, you have to put that knowledge to use and start making decisions about your company’s social media management.
For many small businesses, there just isn’t enough time or resources to dedicate to effective social media management. Posting quality content consistently takes a lot of time and effort that some small business marketing teams just don’t have. Not to mention, you may not have anyone on your team with the expertise or skills needed to implement effective campaigns.
This is where a social media management company comes in. A social media management company like Apex Marketing helps supplement your digital marketing efforts by providing expert social media services. Not only do they have the time to dedicate to implementing your campaigns, but they also have the skills and knowledge needed to ensure that your social media efforts are a success.
By this point, there should no longer be a question about what is social media management so the next time a colleague asks you “What is social media management?” you’ll be able to answer their question and refer them to an informational blog. Now that you know what is involved with effective social media management and why it’s important to your business, it’s time for you to make an educated decision about your own social media management. Will you use your in-house resources? Or partner with a social media management company that will enable you to focus on your core business?
When it comes to social media management, you don’t have to go it alone. As a social media management company, Apex Marketing offers a range of digital marketing services from social media management to social ad strategy and development. With our team behind you, there’s nowhere to go but up.
Contact us today if you’re ready to take your social media marketing to the next level!
Questions or comments? Drop them below, and a specialist will respond within 24 hours.